Gospel Responses to Vital Issues Facing the Melanesian World in the 21st Century: Biblical, Theological, Missiological
The Melanesian Association of Theological Schools 2014 conference and meeting of educators and postgraduate students from the theological schools of Melanesia will be held at the Christian Leaders’ Training College, Banz campus (near Mt. Hagen), from 7 to 10 July. The conference begins at 6 p.m. on Monday, 7 July, and concludes at 9 p.m. on Thursday, 10 July. Conference fees are K400, which includes accommodation (4 nights), meals (11 meals), and pick-up and drop-off at Mt Hagen airport. Inquiry Contact: Doug Hanson, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please join us for the next enlightening Griffith Climate Change Public Seminar (the final seminar for 2013) – The role of faith in climate change adaptation.
Date: Thursday, 14 November 2013
Time: free supper from 5:30 pm with 6 pm seminar start. Concludes with audience questions and discussion at 8 pm
Venue: EcoCentre, Griffith University, Nathan campus
Summary: This presentation explores the role faith plays in supporting climate change adaptation. This will be examined from two perspectives. First, faith will be examined as a personal motivator to face challenges, strengthen resilience and maintain persistence in work. Second, faith as an institution will be examined as an important contributor to resilient communities and policy making. This discussion will also include the presentation of a deliberative democratic framework of nine principles to facilitate in infusion of faith perspectives in climate change decision making.
We have a fantastic line up of speakers:
Dr Brian J Adams, Director of the Multi-Faith Centre, Griffith University
* Dr Sylvie Shaw, Lecturer in Religion and Spirituality Studies, University of Queensland
* The Very Reverend Dr Peter Catt, Dean, Anglican Diocese of Brisbane
Nathan Campus, Griffith University
170 Kessels Road, Nathan
Brisbane, Queensland, 4111 Australia
T: +61 (0)7 3735 7052 F: +61 (0)7 3735 7131
Trinity College Theological School (University of Melbourne) presents an Anglican Summer School in 2014
You are invited to join us for a conference at Trinity College Theological School, delivered by internationally renowned theological scholars. Join us for a week of education, discussion and ministry as we look at The place of theology in ministry.
- Professor Stanley Hauerwas, Duke Divinity School, USA
- The Revd Professor Dorothy Lee, Dean of Trinity College Theological School and Frank Woods Professor of New Testament
- The Revd Professor Andrew McGowan, Warden of Trinity College and Joan FW Munro Professor of Historical Theology
- The Revd Canon Dr Ray Cleary, Director of Ministry Formation & Sambell Lecturer in Pastoral and Public Theology
- Dr Felicity Harley-McGowan, Trinity College Theological School Adjunct Faculty
- Professor Peter Sherlock, Vice-Chancellor, MCD University of Divinity