Home » Admin
Category Archives: Admin
ANZATS on Facebook
To extend the reach of the Brisbane ANZATS online services, we have added a Facebook page. You can find us here, and we hope you will like us and tell your friends about us!
Cross Institutional Studies
Many students find that cross-institutional studies offer an enriching addition to their theological studies.
While the exact processes differ from one institution to another (and can—at times—be confusing), taking a subject from another theological school offers a number of benefits:
- access to subjects not offered a your home institution
- ecumenical relationships with students and staff from other schools
- encountering a broader range of lecturers and viewpoints
- faster completion of your studies (e.g., “summer semester” classes)
- greater flexibility in study schedules, including access to online learning
Students interested in pursuing cross-institutional studies first need to check with their home institution to see what scope for subjects from other schools is permitted under their degree rules.
Another practical matter to ask about concerns variations in the dates of academic terms, as these may differ from one system to another. It is also worth checking in advance just what the process will be for claiming the academic credit in your him program after completing this external class!
Here are some links to the cross-instutional studies pages on selected university web sites in case you wish to explore this option further:
- ACU School of Theology
- ACU Brisbane
- St Paul’s Theological College
- Trinity Theological College
- Australian College of Theology
- Brisbane School of Theology
- Malyon College
- Queensland Theological College
- CSU School of Theology
- St Francis College, Milton
- University of Queensland
- School of History, Philosophy, Religion and Classics
Welcome to this online space for the theological studies community in the greater Brisbane metropolitan area.
This site is sponsored by the Brisbane Chapter of ANZATS, the Australian & New Zealand Association of Theological Schools. It is intended as a resource for theological schools in SE Queensland, current and prospective students, and members of the teaching faculties.
One of the primary objectives is to serve as a clearing house for information about events of interest to this community.
Another key objective will be to encourage interaction between students and staff engaged in postgraduate and research studies.
The site is in the early stages of development, but we hope it will prove of value and we invite your contributions.
Enquiries can be directed to Dr Gregory C. Jenks, Academic Dean at St Francis Theological College and Senior Lecturer, CSU School of Theology.